Duties of a Fire Warden
Who should attend?
Staff who have responsibility for fire safety within the council and have been assigned to the role of designated Fire Warden in their area or designated Fire Wardens who have undertaken the Fire Wardens course and need to update their previous knowledge
Fire Warden Refresher courses must be undertaken every three years from the first year of qualification in order to remain valid.
This course provides the essential foundation for fire wardens to meet their increased responsibilities with the Current Fire Legislative Requirements (inc Fire Safety (Regulatory Reform) Order 2005)
By the end of this session participants will be able to:
• Understand the legislation of fire certification
• Understand fire safety and prevention
• Understand the chemistry of fire
• Undertake practical use of fire fighting equipment (subject to weather and on-site environmental conditions)
• Understand evacuation procedures (with practical work)
• Understand fire risk assessment and audit techniques
• Understand the development of fire emergency procedures
• Basic factors of combustion
• Fire safety and legislation
• Fire extinguishers (theory and practical)
• Risk assessment and hazards
• Fire policy/fire plan
• Duties of fire warden’s and their deputies
• Demonstrate the use of evacuation chairs and be made aware of the associated health and safety issues
Duration: 3.5 hours
Please wear casual clothes as you will be required to undertake physical activities during the session.