Emergency First Aid at Work (1 Day)
The aim of this course is to support individuals to deal with emergencies confidently and effectively through theoretical and practical instruction.
This course is suitable for all individuals who are required to have the 1-day Emergency First Aid at Work Certificate in order to deal with emergencies in their job role. It is intended for any member of an organisation who is likely to find themselves in charge or who has been appointed to take charge of first aid equipment during a first aid emergency, in the absence of a qualified First Aider.
- Role of the First Aider
- Recording incidents and actions
- Importance of basic hygiene
- Acting safely, promptly and effectively in an emergency
- Wounds and bleeding
- Minor injuries (including small cuts, grazes and bruises, minor burns, scalds and small splinters)
On successful completion of this course, learners will be able to:
- Act safely, promptly and effectively in emergencies
- Have an understanding of the importance of personal hygiene in first aid procedures
- Gain the knowledge and skills to manage bleeding and choking
- Be able to carry out resuscitation and understand the management of an unconscious casualty
- Recognise the symptoms of shock and understand the treatment
- Deal with seizures and be able to deal with them safely and effectively
Continuous question and answer assessment is used to evaluate candidates, there is no practical examination.
Upon successful completion of the course, learners will be awarded a certificate from the Association of First Aid (AoFA). The certificate is valid for 3 years.
This is a 1 day course.iShare event page