Level 2 in Food Safety
The aim is to provide attendees with information on Food safety issues which they will encounter during their working day. The Highfields Award in Food Safety has been designed to incorporate the fundamental food hygiene knowledge required by all food handlers. By the end of the course employees should know how to store, handle and prepare food hygienically.
All employees that prepare food and serve food within their job role.
- Microbiological hazards (bacteria)
- Spoilage and preservation
- Food poisoning and its control
- Contamination hazards and controls
- Food handlers and personal hygiene
- Food premises and equipment
- Food pests and control
- Cleaning and disinfection
- HACCP from purchase to service
- Food safety and law enforcement
Multiple choice questionnaire.
1 Day Course (approximately 6 hours)
On successful completion of the course and assessment, the candidate will receive a certificate from the awarding body. This is valid for 3 years.
Please bring along a valid ID for assessment verificationiShare event page